Our client, a video game company, is seeking an IT Technician to join the team.
As part of the Esports Events Fleet & Field Ops Team you will be part of a Global Travel team based out of Seattle and work closely with the wider Fleet & Field Ops team based out of Dublin, Ireland, responsible for traveling to Esports events around the world and deployment of a IT network, PC / mobile phone setup at both the hotel/hotels and venue/stage, as well as wifi, IPTV network, and onsite IT support , throughout the course of the event. You will be required to travel for up to 60% of the time in any given year in order to fulfill this role.
• Oversee the hardware fleet from event to event
• Carry out the pre–event set up of pc and mobile devices
• Configure the network and pc fleet in line with standards
• During load-in, unpack and install a fleet of pc’s and network devices and carry out a full test of all equipment to ensure players have the best experience possible at all of our events
• During the event, you will provide the highest level of support to both players and other Rioters working at the event to deliver awesome player experiences and players perform at the highest levels
• While at an event you will part of the team to be on standby, ensuring immediate response regarding issues to Broadcast or the Gaming network communication channels are open with all stakeholders
• As the event winds down you will be required to take apart everything we have built and pack it up ready to be shipped to the next destination
• In between events you will be required to train on up and coming products as required while also carrying out maintenance back in Seattle on our fleet as required
• Your hands-on technical expertise and communication skills will help you evaluate, innovate, and overcome technical difficulties that may arise for our players during an Event
• You will sound the alarm and call in reinforcements to address major issues that threaten people, players, or services; stand at the point of escalation when trouble pops up and throw it back into the void from whence it came, making decisions quickly and effectively
• You communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you will communicate with leadership, to provide key updates during events in compliance with Riot Games’ standards and security policies
• 1+ years IT Support experience
• 1+ years working with tools such as FOG, AWS, Discord, JIRA, and Confluence
• Live event experience
• IPTV knowledge
• Structured cabling experience working with copper and fiber
• You are comfortable working long and sometimes unsociable hours when on assignment at events around the world.
• You are a collaborator, able to work cohesively as part of the wider Fleet & Field Ops teams both at home and on site.
• You have a sense of urgency and you are an expert problem-solver who can address major issues that threaten Rioters, players, or services, whether it is people, process, or technology related.
• You are flexible, adaptable, and committed in your pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in your particular area of expertise
Pay: $32 - $39 hourlyApply
SHARE THIS JOB