One of our trendy streaming clients is looking to add a REMOTE Backend Developer with strong Java development skills.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer Contractor to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Company. Together, our teams ensure a complete, safe, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. Come join our team of talented backend engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
You will build the backend systems that power our content integrity platform that enables feature teams to launch new products safely and efficiently.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
- Improve our content ingestion and asset management systems built in Java and deployed in GCP (GCS, bigquery, bigtable knowledge all pluses).
Who you are
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- You are comfortable writing Java
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
If this sounds like your background and can work EST hours, please introduce yourself by applying below!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB