Onward Play is seeking a Senior Staff Animator (Gameplay) to join one of the best studios in gaming. You’ll be part of a high-profile team that has multiple, best-selling, award-winning, AAA games under their belt.
We’re looking for a Senior Staff Animator to create and implement gameplay animations of the absolute highest quality. If you're creating the most complex, believable, human animations, and want to be part of the development of a AAA title for PS5, then we want you.
- Create high quality gameplay animation utilizing motion capture and key-framing techniques.
- Work with programmers and leads to develop game animation pipelines and processes.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other animators to solve gameplay problems while maintaining artistic vision.
- Maintain the high quality expected of the studio, fostering the same level of quality in the other team members.
- Contribute to the creative process with original ideas and inspiration.
- Address feedback from the leads and directors in a timely manner, communicating time needed and understanding of the feedback given.
- Work with the Project Manager/Coordinator and Leads to understand, plan for, and convey project needs and scope of work.
- Mentor and train other members of the animation team.
- Work with Animation Supervisor to drive initiatives forward, leading small groups as a creative and organizational leader.
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya, and animation and motion capture workflows.
- The ability to communicate effectively one-on-one with all team members and within group settings.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to break down tasks and assignments and prioritize them into workable pieces on a daily, weekly, and project length basis.
- Work independently and conscientiously with minimal supervision.
- At least 6 years of game art production or film related experience.
- One or two years of post-high school education or training.
- Passion for games and interest in game design.
- Experience working with a game engine, specifically regarding implementation of animation.
- Experience with Autodesk MotionBuilder
- Leadership experience in game developm
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB