Day to Day Overview:
Onward Search is currently seeking an experienced technical writer for a 6-month extendable contract working on our clients editorial team. You'll follow style guides to create clear and concise information to help internal and external vendors. You'll collaborate with fellow writers and internal business partners (such as program managers, UI designers, and software development engineers) to develop sourced content that is translated into 17 languages across 19 marketplaces. Content types include help pages, UI text, blurbs, customer communications, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Currently, we are seeking this person to work out of our clients Seattle, WA office.
- 3+ years as a technical writer, editor, or content strategist
- Experience managing content projects, including coordinating with other teams
- Experience with a markup language such as HTML or XML
- Strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in English, technical writing, or related field, or comparable job experience
- 5+ years as a technical writer, editor, or content strategist, with a focus on software or workflow applications
- Experience working with product and UI designers and writing UI text
- Experience working as part of a global team with remote colleagues
- Experience creating content for translation and localization
- Experience with content management systems and SEO
- Experience working in an agile content development environment
Does this sound like you, apply now to learn more today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.