Onward Search is looking for an SEO Specialist to join our agency client for a direct hire opportunity!
PLEASE NOTE: This role can sit onsite in Charleston, South Carolina; Myrtle Beach, South Carolina; OR Charlotte, North Carolina. Remote candidates will NOT be considered.
- Analyze and report on the traffic to sites from organic search channels.
- Optimize all aspects of a client’s site related to improving rankings on search engines for relevant terms and generate ideas and a strategy for content creation in order to drive more qualified traffic and conversions.
- Collaborate with SEM/PPC specialists on keywords and landing pages where appropriate and occasionally managing paid search advertising campaigns through Google Ads and Bing Ads on search, display, and video formats to improve conversion numbers and/or reduce the cost of conversions.
- Analytical reporting and strategic focus is a must, with the ability to interpret the data in layman’s terms.
- Perform keyword research
- Conduct pre-live optimization and audits for new website launches
- Develop and execute SEO strategies
- Optimize on-site content
- Build an effective linking strategy
- Inform content strategy
- Analyze data, build monthly reports, and provide insights
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as necessary to continually measure performance
- Interpret data to account manager and stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date on industry changes and best practices (such as algorithm updates)
- Contribute to user experience and conversion optimization audits and testing projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of hands-on work experience in SEO strategy, reporting, and analysis, preferably in a marketing/advertising agency environment.
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Knowledge of Google’s ranking factors
- Proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with analytical software such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Outstanding communication skills, specifically with regard to writing & grammar
- Proficiency with Google Ads and/or Bing Ads
- A basic understanding of how CSS and JS relate to SEO
- Google Search Console
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Advanced understanding of HTML/HTML5
- Experience with ranking software such as SEMRush, Conductor Searchlight or Raven
- Experience with reporting tools such as Google Data Studio
- CMS experience with WordPress and/or Craft
- Ecommerce platform experience with platforms such as Magento, or Shopify.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.