Our client, a top gaming company, is looking for a Jr User Experience Designer to join their team. Join the Experience Design Team driving the UX Design effort for our mobile apps. You will need to promote user-centered design, and facilitation. Help guide the direction of the experience with a player-focused attitude as part of a diverse team of software developers and creative professionals.
We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of our software, we are set to provide an experience to embrace and build upon everything that makes our franchises so special.
- Build relationships while working with a cross disciplinary team, and partner groups to set priorities towards meaningful design solutions to meet player and business goals within technical constraints
- Using words, low-fidelity wireframes, physical objects, space, motion, interaction behavior, and other visual representations to determine how to use a product in an emotionally and resonant manner
- Framing and solving hard design problems informed by data
- Prototyping representative models of a product or feature for testing to get user feedback, assist with development decisions and mitigate risk. These range from paper or click-throughs to higher fidelity prototypes
- Apply and assist to establish a set of design standards, documentation, and principles that are used alongside a design system of design interactions, patterns and scalable components to build a product
- Distill user research, competitive analysis and feedback into user centered design goals
- Apply psychological principles, ergonomics, and cognitive science to design holistic experiences for various abilities, motivations and needs
- Organize, labeling and structuring content in way that is understandable for users/players to allow them to find and move through information and complete tasks
- Help teams empathize with users and advocating for usability and accessibility of mobile gaming
- Formal training or 2+ years of experience as a UX designer, experience designer, product designer, or interaction designer
- Experience designing intuitive consumer-facing content creation tools for a variety of devices or platforms
- You have a broad UX design toolkit for different stages of development (i.e. journey mapping, empathy maps, archetypes, user scenarios, site maps, flows, wireframes, and prototypes)
- Experience presenting and rationalizing UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences using these opportunities to advocate for players, share knowledge and demonstrate design thinking in action
- Passion for games with a solid grasp of market trends
- Visual design skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB