Onward Search is looking for a Jr. UX Designer to join our A-list client in Atlanta! This is an onsite, W2 opportunity expected to last for a minimum of 12 months. Benefits are available throughout the life of the engagement.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a visual design role, although an ability to create lo-fidelity mockups/wires and an understanding of the visual/UI design process as it related to the overall creation of the experience are required.
- You will be working alongside Mobile and Web teams throughout the design/development process and will take part in aiding and facilitating the ideation, brainstorming and exeuciton of UX deliverables including:
- Site Maps
- Competitive Analysis
- Design Requirements + annotations
- Design QA
- You will also work alongside the research team in supporting various tasks needed for upcoming studies, including research study participation; building out prototypes and/or gathering assets for upcoming studies, and collecting and documenting research questions during the design cycle.
- This role will primarily be supporting a complete reimagining, redesign, and rebuild of all digital platforms for a specific brand including web, mobile, and set-top box experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, HCI, Marketing, or a similar field preferred.
- 1-3 years of professional experience strategizing and architecting experiences, either as a UX Designer, Industrial Designer, or Graphic Designer
- Previous experience working for clients within the sports industry is a plus.
- Skilled in the use of industry-specific tools such as Sketch, Omnigraffle, Invision, Adobe XD.
- Highly conceptual thinker who isn’t afraid to bring new ideas to the table and evangelize for their implementation.
- Natural problem solver with an innate curiosity
- The ability to develop and articulate an experience design concept and demonstrate creative thinking with a clear design process throughout the entire build.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as a high degree of comfort collaborating across cross-functional teams, internal clients, and business partners.
- An easy-going personality with a positive attitude, a high degree of self-motivation, and an eagerness to roll up your sleeves when demand is high.
- A portfolio of UX design work with an emphasis on architecture and process is required and should be submitted at time of application. Preferred samples include project case studies, wireframes, links to functional prototypes and/or screenshots of prototypes, user flows, and site maps. Sensitive, proprietary, or NDA-protected work may be provided directly via emailed PDF if not available to be shared publicly.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB