Lab Computing Analyst
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Operating System based platforms
- Works with Lab managers/ Key lab users to manages Lab Computing aspects of On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: the lab environment and customers’ needs
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers and external vendors, but not limited to, on-boarding, retiring, troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Supports management in the development and implementation of training initiatives for Services personnel
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Responds to Lab software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via regularly identified support channels
- Shares technical and process updates
- Identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjusts priorities when appropriate
- Takes advantage of available resources (individuals, processes, departments, and tools) to complete work efficiently
- Ensures that required equipment and/or materials are in appropriate locations so that own and others’ work can be done effectively
- Effectively allocates own time to complete work; coordinates own and others’ schedules to avoid conflicts
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB