We are seeking a Lead Android Architect to join our client for a full-time perm engagement.
Experience in architecting and building seamless features/applications from scratch using relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures.
Work with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, and UX team members to influence the application architecture and design..
- Good sense of how mobile apps should be architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility.
- Keen interest and passion towards keeping abreast of current technologies & trends.
- Collaborate with internal & external groups, partner with vendors to extend the platform as needed.
- Work with a cross functional team comprising of development leads, designers, project managers, and others to seamlessly transition designs into deployment.
- Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to mobile application design.
- Self-motivated to seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions.
- Enable communicating and collaborating with developers to discuss innovative ideas and concepts.
- Work across organizational boundaries and promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
- Lead client architecture for Android application for cross trains.
- Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) oversight and development support on future application updates and maintenance.
- Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio for POCs/Components etc.
- Good Knowledge of CI/CD, build automation tools like Jenkins
- Lead client architecture for android application for cross trains. Serves as the architectural expert to represent the technical aspects of the Android platform in work with backend architecture team for initiatives and solutions that cut across all SAFe Trains across the Retail and Pharmacy portfolios.
- Leads, guides, mentors, directs & helps grow a team of Developers/Architects to achieve the overall mission above.
- Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
- Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI.
- Extensive work experience creating self-contained, reusable, testable modules and components.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written form to teams, clients and leadership.
- Establish & evangelize architectural guidelines, patterns and practices.
- 8+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
- 6+ years of experience working on Android Native Development (Java/Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio, Gradle etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Mobile Architecture or Technical Lead role
- Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE practices and agile methodologies.
- Experience related to security-oriented projects and solutioning.
- Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library management tools.
- Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics.
- Experience in Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB