We are well established gaming company that is looking for a Lead Character Artist to lead and develop our current Character Team in creating visually inspiring, fully realized characters and creatures, both natural and unnatural. If you are looking to work on an exciting new product, and work with a company that is rapidly growing and is striving to create immersive worlds for it's players, then we might be the right place for you!
If you are a lead Character Artist looking for an exciting new project, then please read on!
- Create high resolution sculpts, clean low-resolution meshes, unwrap, and project in your software of choice
- Ability to create High Quality textures in Substance Painter/Designer that work well in a PBR environments
- Provide mentorship, art feedback, and training to fellow team members
- Constantly improve and advocate for best creation and production practices
- Communicate outside of the art team directly with other developers and relay that info to the rest of the team
- Work alongside the Art Director to define look of the characters and creatures as well as develop team to further push our quality bar upward
- Work closely with Animation and Technical Artist Leads during the creation process
- Work with the Art Director and Producer on schedules for the team.
- Create tasks and manage scheduling for the individual team members using Jira
- Attend Daily sync up meetings with other Leads and Art Director
- Work with Art Director on the hiring of new Character Artists
- Character Artist with 8+ years experience in the games industry
- Shipped at least one game as a Lead Artist
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent 3D art skills (3D modeling, texturing, composition)
- Relevant Software Knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Zbrush, Substance Suite, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop
- Familiarity of PBR materials, Texture mapping, character rigging fundamentals, and cloth simulation
- Passionate about the Craft
- Excellent Eye for Detail and creating believable Characters and Creatures
- Knowledge of Current VFX techniques and Terminology
Preference to Applicants:
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB