Our client, an online personal styling service, is looking for a Lead Designer to join their exciting team.
This person will be the Lead Designer on the Campaigns and Activations team, you will join like-minded individuals who excel at concepting engaging, story-driven creative; who possess a refined aesthetic; and who are passionately focused on their craft. You will participate in the development of conceptually rich marketing activations, and be responsible for producing the attendant assets across a variety of channels and platforms. You will perform this task in two ways—via the direct application of your craft, and via the opportunity to mentor and direct production artists in our design studio. Projects will range from next generation digital marketing campaigns, to novel social activations, to traditional print-based work. In other words, you will help share the brand with the world, ensuring our visual communications adhere to brand standards, communicate clearly and concisely, and—most importantly—present a coherent and delightful customer experience that drives measurable business impact.
This role reports to the Art Director and is located in our San Francisco headquarters
- Lead efforts to design digital products, marketing emails, advertisements, in-house communications, and other digital and print collateral that is consistent with our brand image and, most critically, informed by business results and client insights.
- Have an impact on our business by translating thought provoking creative briefs into strategically sound, brand-right, and robust creative solutions which communicate effectively to our diverse and rapidly growing customer base.
- Gain cross-functional exposure when collaborating cross-functionally with the broader Marketing team, as well as our Merchandising and Product teams.
- Proactively push our design practice and approach forward by nurturing new ideas from concept to execution along with your creative peers in the Brand Systems, Styling, Content, Copy, and Photography departments.
- Leverage professional experience and leadership skills to excite and inspire your colleagues and business partners—you must be able to make confident design decisions, assert your POV
- Eloquently express the conceptual underpinning and design rationale for our work.
- Act as a liaison between your Art Director and our Creative Services studio. You will hone your directorial skills by mentoring junior
- Foster a healthy culture of design criticism and learning by having an active voice in cross-functional design reviews.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment while continually striving to iterate on and improve the creative process.
- Assist recruiting new talent for the design team by participating in interview panels.
- 5+ years of experience at an advertising or digital agency or in-house equivalent; 1+ years of leadership or management is a nice addition.
- Portfolio that demonstrates conceptual innovation and rigor, systems thinking, a rational design process, and production expertise across a variety of digital and print formats, e.g. desktop, mobile, tablet, print, and packaging.
- Formal academic background (BA/MA) in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communication Design, or commensurate work experience; MFA a plus.
- Strong typography, strong brand/identity work, and less of the “web aesthetic” throughout the portfolios.
- Expert command of information design, visual hierarchy, page layout, typography, 2D design principles and color theory.
- Ability to interpret, translate, and extend existing brand guidelines in the context of developing creative assets.
- Ability to articulate strategic design intent through compelling visual language concepts, mood definition boards, and design mock-ups.
- Fluency with common design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs) for the creation of visual design artifacts and presentations.
- Experience with video editing, motion graphics, or another dynamic medium is a strong plus!
- Illustration / iconography skills a plus.
- Eloquent communication and presentation skills; ability to successfully articulate design concepts to your team and client.
- Effective time management skills to balance fast-paced project schedules with bold goals.
Does this sound like your skill set and experience? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.