Onward Search is looking for an innovative, visionary, product-focused lead-level UX Designer to join our agency client in Miami for a direct hire opportunity in their fast-growing office!
The Lead UX Designer will design world-class, innovative digital products, platforms, and solutions for pioneering clients across a variety of business verticals including mobile, web, XR, and emerging technologies. This is a broad, multi-functional role and requires experience across UX and interface design, architecture, research, and strategy.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that help drive towards intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Mobile UX experience, including designing for native mobile applications.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks, shows initiative, and champion new ideas.
- Bachelor's Degree in design, marketing, or a similar field preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing innovative, digital solutions for global brands with a specific focus on UX, UI, mobile, and product design.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in an advertising agency, prominent in-house agency, innovative tech startup, or design consultancy.
- Experience in UX design, strategy, research, and architecture is REQUIRED.
- A strong passion for simple, innovative, elegant, engaging user experiences
- Advanced knowledge of specialized creative software programs including Adobe Creative Suite/XD, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, InVision, and similar tools.
- Prior experience in UX design including wireframing, prototyping, and UX strategy.
- Outstanding communications skills including grammar and writing skills.
- Must be very organized, detail-oriented, process driven.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- A clean, modern portfolio showcasing DIGITAL design work with a specific focus on full-lifecycle UX and UI solutions in the product, innovation, XR, IoT, connected car, and/or mobile spaces is required at the time of submission.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.