One of our fintech clients in the Boston area is looking for a full time Lead UX Designer for a strong, existing team that has a great thing going! This is a hybrid role, so you will need to live in the area or a realistic commute range to make that happen 2 days per week.
This position comes with all the top line items when it comes to benefits, PTO, retirement, and beyond (the Recruiter can fill you in), not to mention one of the healthiest salaries right now in the Boston area for UX at this level!
This role is best suited for someone that has great UX design skills, loves to mentor, and loves to solve problems. And while it’s in fintech, you can still be a great fit if you have a passion for clean UX / product design.
Lead UX Designer Responsibilities:
- You will work closely with product strategists and an established dev team to create the overall UX vision
- You will design engaging and intuitive UI’s that solve user problems and drive measurable, successful outcomes
- You will be an in-house expert designer and leader with regards to user experience for the products, applying user research, journey mapping, early prototyping, interaction design, user testing, analysis, as well as the presentation of recommendations
- You will create, facilitate, and synthesize results for a variety of user research and user testing activities
- You will work with other project team members, Engineering, Visual Design, and Product Management teams to implement required features
- You will also be making enhancements to existing products
- You will present findings and results to internal and external stakeholders
- You will leverage and share industry best practices and methods
- You will be mentoring junior designers as well as some supervising / directing the work of other UX designers.
Lead UX Designer Requirements:
- Must have 5+ years as a UX Designer, with a shown growth pattern in skill and leadership
- Must have expertise in usability methodologies, human factors, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and software development processes
- Must have the ability to manage shifting priorities and variable workload
- Must be both a self-starter who is strategic as well as a team player that is thoughtful and passionate about user-centered work
- Should be familiar with the role of UX in Agile development methodologies
- Should have experience with common UX and wireframing / prototyping tools; Axure experience preferred but not a deal breaker
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB