Global Music Entertainment firm in NYC is seeking a Data Engineer with experience in Legal operations to join them for a contract opportunity (with long term potential/perm placement potential)
- SQL and working with large data sets
- Experience in building and querying large-scale data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working in a large scale tech or financial company
- Previous experience in working with legal hold data and solutions
- Aware of compliance initiatives within large technology companies
The Legal Operations team is responsible for driving a variety of strategic initiatives, including - among others - leading strategic projects and implementing business systems to increase Legal productivity, defining the data strategy for data retention requirements, building standard reports to provide insights to the legal team.
What you’ll do:
- Build large-scale data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
- Work closely with the product manager, end-users and stakeholders to understand, document, troubleshoot and analyze requirements for complex data solutions.
- Work closely with the Legal and Operations team to resolve various legal asks and requirements, including legal hold and responding to litigation requests.
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability to analyze large data sets, and troubleshoot partner inquiries and data discrepancies.
- Self-driven and excited to obtain a good understanding of the business and communicate well with non-data colleagues.
- You are self-motivated and not afraid to work independently to create a strategy and execute on required work.
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and legal and feel comfortable working in a business-oriented team.
- SQL, Scala and Python languages
- You have experience in developing/building data pipelines (batch or streaming)
- Familiar with ETL (extract, transform and load)
- Tools and infrastructure such as GCP (google cloud platform) is a requirement, including Big Query and GCS.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, i.e. software engineering working with data analysis, data modeling, data processing as well as
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.