We are looking for an experienced Linux System Engineer. The ideal person will be based out of Denver, CO, or Orlando, FL although remote candidates are being considered.
- The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience supporting physical and virtual network and computing environments, in a Linux-based data center environment.
- RedHat/CentOS - Administration, troubleshooting, and security of CentOS 5,6, and 7.
- Linux iscsi – Attaching, disconnecting, and manipulating iscsi block devices using iscsiadm, LVM, and multipath.
- Linux KVM virtualization – Creating, copying, management, and monitoring virtual guests.
- MySQL Database – Administration, backups, and SQL queries.
- IP networking – IP addressing and subnetting, network address translation, routing protocols, Linux iptables, Linux bridging.
- Data munging – Extracting useful information from various sources including log files and databases then presenting the data in a machine or human-readable format.
- Relevant experience would include physical and virtual server implementation, operation and maintenance, SAN, NFS, ISCSI, MySQL, Linux-ha, DevOps, 24x7x365 operations, HP, SUN/Oracle, Cisco hardware and software, routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls, IPv4, IPv6, participation in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Proficient at troubleshooting production issues, solving problems, and implementing updates to production software.
- Understanding of internet protocols including HTTP, DNS, RADIUS, SSH, and SMTP.
- Analyzing packet captures to distinguish between problems at the protocol level vs. network connectivity.
- Experience with troubleshooting Perl and Linux Shell Scripts required.
- Experience with Convirture virtualization management is helpful.
- Experience with Cacti and Nagios monitoring systems is strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of SAN systems, especially in a ZFS environment.
- Working knowledge of Java application servers including Tomcat, JBoss, and message brokers.
- Good organizational and vendor management skills, inclusive of issue tracking, metric reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effective decision-making within a high-pressure 24x7 environment.
- Strong research, investigation, and evaluation skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate problems/support requests in order to influence the prioritization of production defects and/or enhancements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented and highly flexible, able to work with minimal supervision.
Education & Certifications:
- 4 Year Technical Degree (Example: BSCS, BSEE, etc.) or equivalent workplace experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB