Onward Play is looking to hire a Live Operations Manager to direct and oversee the LiveOps departments for their AAA game studio. The ideal candidate is experienced in creating and executing detailed strategies for both current & future game titles. Presented frequently with data from the team, this individual is able to analyze relevant data to develop, calibrate, present and implement changes to improve overall performance.
Live Operations Team Oversight and Strategy
- Will be responsible for comprehensive and detailed strategies for the continued success of existing games or the successful launch of new AAA game titles
- Bring industry insights to identify new opportunities or areas of improvement in the game product.
- Oversee the day-to-day workload of the Live Operations team, providing guidance and direction as required. Resolve any escalated issues from the team.
- Communicate frequently with the Live Operations Director and Headquarters regarding new products or proposed future product proposals
- Review weekly and monthly reports generated by the Live Operations team capturing KPI trends and adjusting strategies to meet KPI targets.
- Identify potential errors or inconsistencies in reported data and investigating these areas for concern
- Provide coaching, guidance and training to the LO team, ensuring employees feel set up for success in their roles, and monitoring and evaluating performance informally and formally
- Project staffing needs and work with Human Resources to recruit talent as required
- Develop and present product strategy and plans to the Live Operations Director and Headquarters
- Develop and submit various reports as requested by the executive level and Headquarters
- Manage various operational requests as they arise
- Participate in or lead miscellaneous corporate initiatives
- Contribute insights for various initiatives to the executive level to assist in decision-making process
- Directly oversee and manage operations for all current and other future projects
- Create and deliver performance reports for all active projects to HQ and all stakeholders
- Analyze and understand the current progress of live products in order to maximize user engagement and satisfaction
- Live Operations team
- Prospective Partners and Vendors
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years of production experience in AAA game(s); shipped multiple AAA titles
- Expert knowledge of the video game industry and its current trends
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
- Experience with F2P, online games, live games is an asset
- Experience with console games (Xbox) or pc games is an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and last-minute deadlines under pressure
- Experience with AAA FPS games is an asset, but is not mandatory
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB