Our client, a top lifestyle company, located in San Mateo, is looking to hire a Localization Project Manager for a 6+ month contract.
This person will help support the Globalization team on all aspects of project management including planning and execution to deliver high quality localized campaigns, retail, digital and launch assets to our distributors, partners, and customers in over 30 languages.
- Manage interaction with cross-functional teams, in-country offices, localization service providers, and validation agencies coordinating key steps to bring projects to fruition promptly and with high quality.
- Coordinate all day-to-day steps in the localization cycle, from requirements to scheduling and file transfer, including vendor coordination and final delivery to the requestor.
- Handle several project requests, requirements and initiatives from multiple stakeholders including Customer Support, Consumer Insights, Training, CRM, Advertising, Channel Marketing, Web, PR, Social, Multimedia, Creative PMs, as well as Product Marketing and in-country teams.
- Establish clear channels of communication to ensure interactions with internal and external teams is efficient, timely and effective so that answers to a variety of content, functionality and other potential questions are addressed and published to all relevant parties.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate has at least 6 years of experience in the localization industry, managing high visibility projects, ideally in the context of a global brand marketing team.
- A strong understanding of localization best practices, tools, processes, and vendor management.
- Experience with video localization, including technical aspects of editing, subtitling, and voice over.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about marketing localization’s unique challenges
- Proactive, excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to navigate with ease, communicate, and interact across culturally diverse and globally distributed teams.
- Excellent project management skills and great attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity, pivots, and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Hands-on experience with localization tools and platforms such as Globalink, Trados, WorldServer, Smartling
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and drive critical decisions in a distributed and fast pace environment
- Fluency or native in at least two languages besides English strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree in related field required; MA/MS is a plus
Does this sound like you, apply now for more info!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.