The Logistics Specialist will be responding to customer inquiries, processing customer orders for product, providing information on order status, inventory availability, and pricing. In addition, the Logistics Specialist will participate in a cross functional environment, and will perform routine tasks related to the receipt, storage, distribution, and/or shipping of products, parts and subassemblies.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters orders sent via email, voicemail and fax to ensure requests for services are responded to according to established standards
- Answers phones and takes phone orders from customers in a professional manner
- Maintains daily filing of all customer orders received, including standing orders
- Provides resolution for non-technical customer inquiries
- Provides “after-sale” services per customer requests including order tracking, proofs of delivery, invoice copies, return processing, and related services
- Follows up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer’s satisfaction
- Maintains complete and accurate log of all calls and issues as required. Files orders/requests according to established guidelines
- Logs all service-related customer complaints into the complaint handling database
- Maintains database of all needed export documentation for international shipments
- Resolves complex issues concerning international trade documents and customs regulations
- May be responsible for checking inbound material from outside vendors and internal shipping points that forward stock material in Austin for shipments to domestic and international carriers
- May be responsible for pulling and packing finished good from the shelves and processing them for shipment
- Processes domestic and international paperwork for outgoing materials
- Responsible for the completion of all task assigned daily; this may require more than 40 hours in some work weeks
- Diploma / Degree or equivalent certification
- 1-3 years of experience is recommended
- Basic experience in PC business applications including MS Word and Excel
- QuickBooks and SAP knowledge is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP / QuickBooks / Oracle)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word / Excel)
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB