Our client, an entertainment TV group, is seeking a Production Manager for the Production team. We're looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to fill the role.
You will report to the VP Production and be responsible for:
- All aspects of physical production management and delivery of compelling programming that meets creative and fiscal expectations by facilitating communication, thinking strategically, leveraging technology, seeking new talent and providing support to business partners while maximizing budgetary and schedule parameters.
- Responsible for managing an ongoing slate of unscripted originals from development through production, post-production, and delivery that are small to medium in scope, budget, and size.
- Provide clear oversight and guidance to maintain precedents and achieve creative objectives keeping in mind efficiency and innovation
- Review and vet 3rd party production companies, Project Hires and Non-Employee temps, and key crew as necessary.
- Collaborate with Production Lead, BA, Legal, Finance, and Creative teams to guide key deal points with Above-the-Line, vendors, and key talent.
- Work with internal creative teams and producers to understand creative storytelling priorities, key deadlines and sensitive delivery timelines.
- Review and adjust schedules and budgets in conjunction with creative and 3rd party production companies to optimize for production value and creative storytelling while also managing costs through strategic ideation, communication, and collaboration.
- Anticipate and communicate potential issues prior to commencement of production.
- Review production related documents and cost reports with Leader to suggest possible fiscal issues, analyzing and summarizing fiscal performance.
- Work regularly with the internal Labor team to make informed and strategic decisions about union configuration for each project and/or make recommendations to the 3rd Party.
- Introduce 3rd party production company to internal Travel Department when required by show.
- Work closely with the internal Disney Licensing and Music departments and legal teams to ensure all required steps and practices are followed for the success of the production.
- Work regularly with Security, Legal, Insurance, Safety, Travel to understand corporate COVID requirements and how they apply to 3rd party production companies, identifying and discussing risk as necessary.
- Work closely with 3rd party production company to understand and convey their COVID
production policy, or suggest modifications specific to show format, in order to ensure a safe work environment on set. Communicate and submit all necessary information and paperwork for internal approval.
- Partner closely with Post-Production team to ensure clear communication from start to delivery of project.
- Upon wrap of shows, conduct final audit of assets, deliverables, and cost reports in conjunction with production finance prior to final payment.
- 7-10 years experience as a Production Manager, Line Producer or Production Executive in a Television, New Media, or Digital Production company, Network, Cable, or Digital Network or Production Company/Studio
- Experience in diverse formats – Live Event, Digital Content, Documentary, Variety, Reality, Music Special and/or Competition.
- Post-production management, Graphics, and SVOD project delivery.
- Understanding guild/union agreements.
- Working knowledge of minor labor laws and IP licensing.
- Extensive production contacts.
- Self-starter, takes initiative, works independently.
- Direct and purposeful in all verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible and ready to adapt to change
- Approaches problems or roadblocks as opportunities for learning and creative thinking
- Strong listening skills.
- Team player, able to collaborate and maintain positive working relationships with both
internal and external partners.
- In-depth, working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Movie Magic
Budgeting software, Google Suite.
- Strong management, financial and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to solicit diverse opinions, research and gather relevant information to guide
decision making on the Company’s behalf.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB