Our client, a financial firm, based in LA is seeking a Tech Project Manager to join them for a long-term ongoing contract with the right to hire.
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and successful delivery of large strategic IT initiatives, programs, and projects and leading the project teams responsible for elements therein within the Finance space. This includes architecting program/project governance structures and plans to enable the fulfillment of business/IT strategies, including the management of project financial budgets and SDLC deliverables.
Experience managing projects related to PeopleSoft, OFSAA, Callidus, and/or Coupa is a plus.
- Responsible for independently managing highly visible and complex programs/projects with multiple workstreams, including defining and establishing the program and governance structures to support successful delivery and management of program risk, leading/facilitating frequent meetings, program/project-level status reporting, presentations to executive management, creation and maintenance of project plans, issue/risk/action item management (tracking, mitigation, and resolution), budget forecasts and actuals reporting, and providing guidance and leadership to a matrixed project team.
- Provides a proactive interface between project stakeholders and senior management team to ensure complete and accurate definitions of business requirements and successful delivery of business applications
- Accountable to program stakeholders and senior management for schedule, budget, quality, and outcome of all program elements
- Develops, prepares, presents, and maintains project plans, including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets, and work breakdown structures and schedules
- Performs project risk assessments, including identifying key risk factors, providing effective risk mitigation strategies, and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets
- Manages projects and teams, including applying established methodologies, using change control templates and processes, managing time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools, monitoring budgets, coordinating resource acquisition and utilization, serving as a liaison with internal customers and external suppliers, and communicating regularly with project stakeholders
- Delivers systems on appropriate platforms in compliance with established technology standards, including monitoring testing, executing quality assurance checks, and ensuring information technology acceptance criteria are met prior to implementation.
- Defines establishes and operationalize program and governance structures to support successful delivery and manage program risk
- Manages and corrects overall program/project team dynamics
- Reviews and approves project plans for conformance to program strategy, program plan, and schedule
- Partners with the business to develop strategic vision and missions, set objectives, craft strategies to achieve the objectives and vision, and implement and execute the strategy
- Complies fully with all operational policies and procedures and completes all required training
- 10 years of experience managing complex technology programs/projects involving large teams with multi-department impact
- 5 years banking industry experience
- Must have strong business savvy with good diplomacy skills in order to influence and be effective with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and exercise solid judgement
- PMP preferred
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB