Media Relations Coordinator
Los Angeles, California
Freelance | Job ID #69522 | Posted Last Month
Our well-established L.A. client has gained notoriety in the spotlight for their media content in the Healthcare and Medical industry. We are working to fill their Media Coordinator position with you sharing the spotlight. This opportunity is remote, within the L.A. region. Initial duration is 3 months, intended to be long term.
- Daily Media Monitoring – Utilize monitoring databases and internet searches to identify media placements
- Coverage Reports – Maintain lists of secured media coverage for client and department recaps. Create weekly compilation of prominent media placements for promotion via various internal channels
- Competitive News Digest – Compile and create weekly e-newsletter of health care industry news. Maintain distribution list of email contacts
- Press Release Distribution – Coordinate press release and source alert expert pitch distribution on various platforms
- Project Coordination – Oversee organization of Wrike and SharePoint to maintain projects/tasks and files/folders for the media relations team. Work with internal colleagues to optimize workflows, templates, make annual updates, etc.
- The media relations team works within a broader department that encompasses content (newsletters/publications), digital (website, social media), marketing, physician relations and analytics, and will collaborate with other teams beyond media relations
- -3 years experience (whether in school or in previous position) related to communications (public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, etc.)
- Resume should be well-organized, well-written, with attention to detail, and should note key skills (organization, time management, etc.)
- Proficient with Wrike, SharePoint, or similar
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Word in a fast-paced environment, using features needed for editing and version control
- Experience in public relations, specifically
- Experience or interest in health/medicine/science
- Experience multi-tasking/juggling multiple responsibilities
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
- *To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.
At Onward Search, our job is to find you dream jobs.
We are creatives, marketers and digital wizards who use our talents to connect talented people with the nation’s leading brands. And our relationship won’t end with your start date.
More than recruiters, we are your advocates, advisors, and employers of record. We pay weekly, make sure your needs are met, and measure our success by yours. Join us.
DE&I is not just our promise, it’s our passion.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment regarding race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
Have talented friends or colleagues in your network looking for their next gig? Refer them to us and earn $500!
Uncover more creative, marketing and tech opportunities at Onwardsearch.com.
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB
Turn on email alerts for this search