Our client, a large financial company located in Downtown, LA is looking for a COPY EDITOR for a long term freelance assignment. This is a key member of the Marketing Communications team and is responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Review a variety of materials for the marketing teams to ensure for accuracy and quality
- Work with several teams and manage workload so that all tasks are completed as scheduled
- Edit and Proofread all print and digital materials for everything including: grammar, spelling, clarity, accuracy, style, tone, consistency and disclosure requirements
- Fact check statistics
- Edit based on target audience, internal audience and against the corporate style guides
- Keep statistical information, changes in investement and risk disclosures up to date quarterly/annually
- Digital/Web tools mastered in order to update correctly for all web and digital information
- Able to edit/abridge content to fit sizing requirements as needed
- Keep all compliance language updates organized ad updated to confirm all materials are compliant with legal and regulatory
- Use of AP Stylebook, Chicago Manual of Style, other tools and resources
- Constant awareness needed for any changes to style guide content
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Exceptional written, verbal skills as well as grammar and syntax
- Solid grammar expert including spelling, punctuation, style guides
- Able to work on diverse teams and environments that will count on strong interpersonal skills
- Able to project manage the workload including following schedules for production, tracking deliverables, solving issues and escalating when needed
- Exceptional attention to detail, very organized, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Financial and investing knowledge needed
- 3-5 years of copy editing experience
- Financial, pharma or healthcare industry experience preferred
- BA/BS required
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.