Our client, a social media content company,is searching for a Copy Editor to join their team.
As an editor, you'll write concise, witty copy across the Entertainment, Life and Culture, Sports, and News/Politics verticals.
Working closely with the Content team, you'll play a key role in shaping how Community uses the written word to drive innovative storytelling. This is a contracted, role that requires flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
What you'll do:
- Create, implement, and evolve content strategies.
- Write and edit copy on the fly, including headlines, captions, fact filters, etc.
- Check graphics for accuracy, brevity, grammar, style, and voice
- Maintain consistent tone of voice across all copy
- Exercise excellent editorial judgment
- Collaborate with story editors and producers
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 2+ years experience in print, digital, or social media
- Experience in content marketing and strategy
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expert eye for proofreading, spelling, and grammar
- Consistent ability to match (and nail) tone of voice
- Excellent written communication skills and a sharp attention to detail
- A team player who’s also comfortable flying solo
- Someone who's willing to break with conventional/tiresome writing standards when appropriate
- Someone who's extremely organized and who works well under tight deadlines and breaking news pressure
- Someone who's up to date on pop culture, sports, internet trends, and current events
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.