Our client, a top financial company located in Downtown LA is looking to hire a Writer for a 6+ month assignment. This Writer will work under the direct supervision of more senior team members. They will be responsible for updating the content of existing print, email, presentation, or web communication materials with new information to reflect the current tone and adapts that content to varying distribution channels. They will work with Excel spreadsheets to update data within marketing materials and add legal disclosures as necessary to keep materials compliant.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Writes original content by conducting necessary research and ensuring the content aligns with the business goals and communicates the desired message. Writes content for both print and digital channels.
- Revises and re-purposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics, and time-frames. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice. Prepares core content versions for varying distribution channels and client groups.
- Develops original content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to complete writing assignments; utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, articles, and topical pieces. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to maintain effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization.
- Solid Excel skills, including the ability to download, format, manipulate and calculate data from multiple sources.
- PowerPoint skills are also desired.
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, understanding of data, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of multiple content channels.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of financial and investment concepts and the ability to apply it to work assignments.
- Requires at least 3-years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.