Our client, a top financial firm located in LOS ANGELES is looking to hire an EDITORIAL SPECIALIST for a long-term assignment. This person will be joining the marketing team and will be responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables. They will work with various internal groups to manage projects and make sure tasks are completed on time. *Candidates must demonstrate working knowledge of financial and investment concepts (preferably including a basic working knowledge of fixed income) and the ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Copyedits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style, and tone, as well as disclosure requirements.
- Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience, as well as internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to the information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures. Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required disclosure language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copyediting tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook and the Chicago Manual of Style, as well as several internal sites and systems. Stays informed of and incorporate style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of client communications.
- Assist writers with pulling data from a variety of systems to update statistical information, and with compiling and organizing approved backup materials for use in fact-checking and record-keeping
- Providing research assistance on original content, outlining story ideas, and collaborating with writers to fully develop stories.
- Rewrite content for audience versions and/or various channels (e.g. email, social). Works as a liaison with the agencies and managed services in checking their work. Where agencies are the writers, being the liaison that sees the material through MRM for Legal review. Examples include but are not limited to banners, emails, social media posts, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- In-depth knowledge of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles.
- Ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of copyediting experience required
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB