The Visual Designer will be responsible for creating production assets, storyboards, icons, graphics, and illustrations in a variety of styles; while interacting directly with peers, leads, and other disciplines. This unique position requires a creative, talented, and motivated individual eager to learn, contribute and grow their skills.
To successfully execute the role, the candidate must have a proficiency in a range of skills, with an emphasis on illustration and production design. Advanced skill in drawing, vector, typography, layout, and color is essential. Must be extremely efficient with art programs and able to deliver high quality work consistently. Must be an inclusive designer, who can critically and authentically represent guest and project needs. Takes creative direction well and can articulate and understand the visual design goals of the project. Familiarity with video production and storyboard layout a plus. Encouraged to broaden core skill set and share best practices and ideas for production innovation.
As a Visual Designer, you will be expected to participate in brainstorms, project kickoffs and design critiques. You will work closely with the team’s Lead Product Designer to create various in-app or video content, and may provide additional content for style guides, branding and marketing.
• Create images, illustrations, icons, graphic, storyboards, and visual targets.
• Collaborate with various departments and teams to understand scope and project needs.
• Expand the established visual style systems of our existing products to meet industry standards.
• Works closely with Animation and Motion to ensure assets are delivered correctly, bringing art, graphics, and typography to life.
• Pitch and present visual exploration to managers, principals, and executive leadership.
• Export and deliver production quality assets.
• Participate in visual critiques and brainstorms.
• Minimum of 3 years of professional visual design experience, working on branded campaigns, commerce, hospitality, or entertainment experiences.
• A strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of projects, illustrations, and visual storytelling in a variety of styles.
• Solid understanding of art and visual design principles and techniques regarding 2D, layout, color theory, and animation.
• Art degree or equivalent work experience
• Exceptional artistic and creative problem-solving skills
• Well-versed in Illustrator and Photoshop
• Experience with Figma a plus
• Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
• Able to multi-task like a pro
• A positive, enthusiastic attitude
• Ability to take direction
• Good written communication skills
• Self-starter, reliable, and passionate about their work
• Eye for detail with a clear understanding of the big picture
• Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Onward Search is seeking a Photo Coordinator for a renowned tech company. You’ll be part of the Media Products team, supporting photographic efforts in their studios and acting as a liaison between... Read More
Onward Search needs a UX Designer for an Entertainment client. This is a 12+ month opportunity. To learn more about this UX Designer opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today! As a... Read More
Onward Search’s advertising client is looking for an SEO Specialist to fully own campaigns, consulting on SEO strategy with both new & existing clients to form a budding group of SEO Strategists and... Read More
Onward Search needs a Senior Digital Media Manager for a full-service marketing advertising agency in New Jersey. You will serve as the strategic lead for all clients for display digital media,... Read More