Our client, a top beauty company, is looking for a Visual Merchandising Designer to join their team in Culver City. We are looking for candidates with the following skillset and experience to join the team.
- Partner with Creative Director and senior members of the creative team to align on key objectives and design direction for new launches, in-store animations, and branded asset development.
- Conceptualize, create and produce graphics for seasonal product launches for the Smashbox gondolas. Ideate and output multiple options with a variety of design solutions across various merchandising formats including International markets.
- Lead the development of compelling graphics solutions that tell a branded visual story for large format installations such as events, kiosks, pop-ups, department stores, and freestanding stores.
- Create layouts that are scalable across formats such as windows, counter units, endcaps, and in-store. Must take into consideration things like visual restrictions based on tester/stock placement or ergonomic relationship.
- Analyze the current Smashbox in-store presentation in our various retail channels and identify ways to optimize the brand story, navigation, and product communication.
- Create visual solutions for international visual merchandising graphics requests that are outside of the quarterly seasonal updates.
- Mockup ideas at partial or full scale in preparation for weekly merchandising meeting review.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to discuss objectives and strategies of upcoming product launches. Attend meetings and other relevant discussions as necessary to gain approval and alignment from senior management.
- Understand the industry landscape by conducting store visits, identifying trends, and best practices.
- Manage and projects and prioritize according to due dates and urgency.
- Prepare presentation materials and models for internal meetings.
- Keep files and assets well organized and ready for handoff to the production team.
- As needed, assist in areas of production to complete projects and support the merchandising and retail team.
- BFA in graphic design preferred
- 5+ years at beauty, fashion, retail or agency experience
- Strong understanding of branding and graphic storytelling within the retail environment
- A refined and seasoned designer, a connoisseur of typography, and a lover of current trends and culture.
- Proactive self-starter with team player mentality and preference to work in a close-knit, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects in a very fast-paced environment, and react with a sense of urgency.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to typography, messaging and scale across visual merchandising displays and retail formats.
- Must be a conceptual thinker and problem solver with the ability to work within brand guidelines
- Meticulous attention to detail, highly organized and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to take on various projects (no task is too big or small).
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite 5 or higher.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.