Culver City, California
Freelance | Job ID #69718 | $60 -$88 hourly | Posted 3 months ago
Our client, a motion design studio, is seeking a motion graphics based Art Director to join the team.
You will report to the Creative Director, and be responsible for:
- Play a key role in shaping and building the design, concepting on a daily basis
- Collaborate and define the look & feel of a vast aesthetic range of projects with our creative directors
- Work alongside the world's best and most collaborative directors, producers, and creative talent
- Actively participating in pitches for top brands, creating style frames, and being as hands on as needed
- Regular reviews of creative work with CD are a key part of our workflow, including gathering feedback on direction and ensuring work aligns with client’s brief
- Managing and/or mentoring 2 jr-mid level motion designers
- Monitoring creative teams' progress against schedules on a project-by-project basis. We conduct persuasive creative presentations to executive staff members within the company.
- Produce all work efficiently and on schedule
- Staying in close communication with CD on status of projects, where support is needed, etc.
- Create culturally relevant content that creators want to make and audiences want to watch
- Being committed to supporting your ongoing development, we will work closely with you to establish a personal progression plan
- 2+ years experience as an Art Director, or acted in the role and ready to step into it
- Portfolio showcasing experience concepting, art directing and executing world-class motion design projects
- Strong education and foundation in 2D motion design including strong typography, style frames, etc.
- Able to inspire and influence clients, creative partners, and the team
- Passionate about winning work
- Great team player
- Thrive on developing talent
- Positive & energetic
- Management, leadership and/or oversight of jr-mid level motion designer/animators
- Able to animate in C4D