Our client, a top financial firm in LOS ANGELES is looking to hire a PRESENTATION DESIGNER for a long term assignment. This person will be responsible for creating and updating presentations, primarily institutional pitch books, based on established brand guidelines and or templates.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates some working knowledge of financial concepts and how to visualize them for end user
- Ability to read and understand data concepts in Excel and translate them into charts and visual design without guidance
- Demonstrates an understanding of narrative flow to be able to organize and design clear and easy to follow presentations
- Applies understanding of business goals to designs. Reviews statistical information and content to determine how to visually portray data that supports key concepts and enhances reader’s understanding
- Updates data, formatting, layout, design and content for print, PDF and presentation materials based on established templates in PowerPoint using the Seismic platform
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate with diverse working styles and with team members across business units; initiative to work and learn independently; proactively contribute to department goals and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Demonstrates the ability to work within established brand guidelines. Demonstrates a working knowledge of graphic design concepts and ability to apply it to work assignments
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate; primarily charting), InDesign (CS 5.5) (advanced) and Illustrator (intermediate; charting, infographics, and icons)
- Requires 5 to 7 years of experience working in a creative, corporate environment
- Finance industry background strongly preferred, or in a technical industry or healthcare
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB