Our client, a Digital Entertainment Company, is seeking a UI/UX Production Designer for a freelance opportunity.
You will report to the Executive UX Design Director and be responsible for:
- champion the art of UX production design for sports, news and entertainment brands across all consumer products including web, mobile, and set-top box devices.
- Being in a highly visible role is the go-to source for UX production (UI scenarios, design systems, platform translations) and will interface with internal teams such as product, marketing, content operations, and technology.
- Execute UI/UX production design for the entire design team covering a wide gamut of platforms and devices including web, apps and 10ft devices.
- Taking the vision and concept of an interface to actual functional details, fleshing out all missing states and scenarios working with design leads to help build all needed UI permutations, all of which are critical for development handoff.
- Ensuring there are quality and consistency across the board, every feature and pattern produced, no matter its scale or how many devices it touches, has to follow a consistent high-level set of design standards, principles, and expectations.
- Put together plans/checklists outlining UX Production workloads; providing estimates for completion to our design project manager.
- Provide daily UX production status to your leads, coordinating, getting clarification and daily direction to make sure UX design deliverables are on schedule.
- Perform design QA; making sure all UI states are built to spec and that design patterns are being implemented correctly by both Product and Development teams.
- Bringing great knowledge and understanding of the basic building blocks for great design including typography, color, layout, interaction, problem-solving, and usability.
- Support the design team where possible helping gathers requirements, deliverables, supply UI scenario ideas, crosscheck project direction with leads and management to improve efficiencies and performance.
- 4-7 years experience ideally in an agency setting and/or within the entertainment or sports networks/content
- Solid understanding of UX and Digital Production design understanding what it takes to achieve attractive and effective user-centric solutions.
- Experience working with or have had experience building design systems, style guides or blue lines.
- Master with Sketch but you also have a great grasp of Adobe CS software (PS, IA, XD) and other UX tools like Abstract, Zeplin, LucidChart, or Gallery.
- Prototyping experience and/or knowledge are required having previously have built or have helped build prototypes for testing or review purposes.
- Extremely detailed-oriented bringing light any design process, function or step during any project planning session or meeting.
- Keep track of projects, timelines, deadlines, and requirements with ease.
- Proactive, follow direction and process where the need is, but can also formulate a production plan when there is a void/gap in direction.
- Well-versed in the latest technologies and industry trends (from iOS to Roku to responsive web).
- Strong communication skills from drafting emails, responding on Slack to verbally communicating possessing the skills to professionally and effectively communicate information to any team member.
- Experience working with application development teams is a plus
- Specific software knowledge for FramerX, Invision, Principle, Abstract is a plus
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.