Our client, a top entertainment company, located in El Segundo, is looking to hire a Sr. UI Designer for a 12+ month assignment. The UI Designer will help define and drive the future design of entertainment products. You
can understand complex design systems and are technically up to date with the latest workflows.
- Lead the design of intuitive and desirable products within a team environment. Work with leadership in design approach and planning.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UI Designers.
- Hands-on design skills.
- Refine and improve our design process.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions in partnership with UX, Motion, and Copy.
- Craft, pitch, and validate short to long-term design strategies based on consumer personas.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders inside and outside your core team to effectively develop products that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed by user data.
- Bring insight-driven design solutions to the table and be prepared to present them to a variety of stakeholder levels, defend your designs, and give thoughtful consideration to feedback.
- 8+ years of UI design. In-house is preferable but will consider the right candidates coming from agency-side.
- Experience managing direct reports, a plus.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work with strong typography and visual hierarchy.
- Strong focus on interaction design and an understanding that UI and UX are two sides of the same coin.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of the latest developments in digital technology, responsive/adaptive web design, prototyping, native apps and emerging platforms.
- Knowledge of modern product design best practices, such as agile development and lean design methodologies.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to understand research or data and apply it to designs.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite a must.
- Knowledge of Abstract, After Effects, Principle, Prototyping Software, 3D a plus.
- Bachelors in Fine Arts, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, HCI or related field. Master’s a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.