Our client, a major gaming company, is looking for an Assistant Video Editor to join their team.
The Assistant Video Editor will be responsible for sourcing and placing required b-roll in the edit. Content may be defined as individual videos, series, and formats that air across any or all current and/or emerging social media and video platforms owned and operated by the client.
- 3+ years of experience editing
- 3+ years of experience with YouTube and social media video
- Must be familiar with the gaming space
- Familiarity with YouTube content and culture is a massive plus for this role
- Advanced user of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced in sound and color mixing
- Moderate to high level of VFX competency
- Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
- Able to proactively own & execute designated tasks independently, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Experience working with and/or managing Asana, Trello, Jira or similar project management system
- Strong organizational skills
- Incredibly reliable
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong Multi-tasker
- Edit our biggest and brightest shows, formats and concepts
- Help shape the clients visual style and tone, and help to keep it consistent across programming
- Scope, plan and execute original post-driven projects
- Find the storylines in post production that the development and production teams may have missed
- Proactively develop a post pipeline with a clear vision of how the show will roll out and be marketed to the end user
- Develop social extensions of YouTube programming that expands reach, in addition to social-native video concepts
- Troubleshoot, proactively identify, and quickly execute on post production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB