Our client, a national retailer with multiple websites located in the far western suburbs of Chicago, is seeking a mid to senior level eCommerce manager to join their team.
Position summary: The Manager, eCommerce and Web Content will be responsible for driving and owning the strategy for multiple websites and brands. In this role, you will be responsible for digital marketing, data management, brand consistency and user experience for company properties. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading, coaching and mentoring the design, content, and email teams while ensuring proper strategic focus, timely execution, and thorough measurement of programs.
This position will collaborate across marketing channels and departments to build growth strategies for the brand. This individual is an expert in all things related to website and channel optimization, brand consistency, website testing strategy, and maintains up to date on SEO, social, and web content best practices.
The ideal candidate is a metrics-focused digital marketer with exceptional communication, strategy, and execution skills. You have a keen awareness of the latest marketing trends and merchandising best practices. You have a background working with eCommerce brands or marketplaces and you are analytical with a natural curiosity to test, measure, and iterate in order to drive results. You are organized with exceptional project management skills and a natural cultural leader with a high level of autonomy.
- Create and execute marketing strategy encompassing digital marketing, data management, brand consistency and user experience for select company properties.
- Create, implement and analyze the success of marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Create new initiatives to increase conversions while developing, reviewing and continuously improving how we test and measure web content to improve conversion rates
- Analyze site data and user behavior using Omniture and Google Analytics to find new ways to increase conversion, brand awareness, and ROI.
- Oversee creative direction of brand maintenance and enhancements for online B2B and B2C ECommerce Websites
- Liaison between departments, communicating our vision and recommendations to a range of internal and external stakeholders. This includes keeping stakeholders informed by compiling, analyzing, and reporting marketing results; forwarding plan projections and updates
- Communicate and work with internal and external web programmers to improve website functionality, troubleshoot problems and enhance customer experience. This includes coordination of monthly coding deployments across all company brands
- Expand eCommerce product databases and create valuable content for blogs, social media, and other customer outreach channels
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
- A minimum of 5 years working in eCommerce, focused on direct to consumer marketing within a large organization
- Thorough knowledge of technical SEO
- Ability to navigate priorities and drive a coherent plan with demonstrable results in a timely manner
- Experience with A/B testing (using Optimizely) to increase conversions
- Technical knowledge including understanding of site flows, wireframing, and Oracle ATG platform
- Experience with Adobe CC, along with a core understanding of HTML and CSS
- Demonstrated ability to manage and execute large projects; meet tight deadlines on short notice, and multi-task
- Strong writing and editing skills and understanding of appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation rules
- Must have digital art direction experience
- Highly analytical, experience managing sales and margin goals
- SQL experience nice to have but not required
Must be at least 18 years old. Onward Search is a drug-free workplace. Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.