One of our Agency clients is looking for a long-term freelancer to help lead their marketing/consumer insights research for a financial client of theirs.
The primary role of a Research Manager is to lead moderately complex engagements for clients to assist them with operationalizing customer-centricity and to drive their business forward. Responsibilities involve all phases of the engagement process including project management, creation of deliverables, storytelling as well as client management. With exposure to a variety of research methodologies, a Research Manager is expected to have excellent project management skills, take ownership of the engagement’s success, and have the desire to learn, grow, and be challenged.
The position is fully REMOTE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project Management & Client Engagement:
- Project Manager on moderately complex engagements independently, from start to finish
- Discusses moderately complex business and research issues with clients independently
- Easily builds rapport, is responsive, and gains trust with clients relative to project management abilities
- Foster’s strong client loyalty through exceptional engagement execution and client service skills as well as the ability to discuss complex issues with clients independently
- Create analysis plans for moderately complex studies - Finds data that matters, make sense of the information, and convey the story in a compelling way
- Adopts and applies the storytelling process and can create impactful deliverables on moderately complex engagements and can present out in a clear, concise, and influencing way
- Ability to generate additional business by building client trust, through exceptional client service skills
- Understand clients’ businesses, as well as objectives, and offer strategic suggestions and value-added consulting
- Effectively oversee the financial goals and profitability of an engagement
Management & Leadership:
- Successfully lead an engagement team and aid in the development of Gongos employees such as setting expectations for the team, delegate appropriately, and hold others accountable
- Provide internal training as well as train clients in various methodologies and provide research recommendations to clients
- Successfully lead/partner with others in raising the level of work (e.g., inspire, set clear expectations) – able to set expectations with team, delegate appropriately, and hold others accountable
- Demonstrates genuine sensitivity, support, and encouragement for others with consistent professional maturity
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, Social Sciences (Psychology, Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology) or related field
- 3-5 years of research experience focused on a variety of industries
- Demonstrates well-rounded research skills - strong quantitative (statistical) and qualitative (analytical and report-writing) skills
- Experience with research approaches for surveying/interviewing consumers, staff, B2B audiences, etc. including telephone, online, and mail methodologies
- Demonstrated engagement leadership skills including motivating team members, mentoring junior staff, collaboration skills, ability to take initiative, etc.
- Client interface experience including the proven ability to discuss and understand a client’s moderately complex business and research objectives, building a rapport and trusting relationship with clients relative to project management abilities
If you have a marketing research or consumer insights background and are ready for your next challenge, please do not hesitate by applying below!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB