Onward Search has an exciting opportunity for an experience Marketing Manager working out of our clients office in San Jose, CA. Our client is a premiere eCommerce retailer and is at the forefront in shaping the consumer experience in online shopping. Currently, our client is seeking this individual on a long term extendable contract basis slated to run through the end of the year. Apply today to speak with one of our associates to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
• Lead quarterly and support annual planning processes, serving as a critical integration point between finance, business and marketing teams, facilitating alignment to ensure teams will deliver against strategies and goals.
• Drive tighter linkages between marketing strategy and the resources necessary, both in and outside of marketing, to execute that strategy in an efficient and effective way.
• Establish business reviews, trade-off approaches and ensure the right measurement approaches to enable robust, data-driven trade-off discussions.
• Ensure key processes are documented and information is centralized as reference for quarterly and annual planning processes.
The ideal candidate is an experienced marketer who:
- Possesses a strong analytical side. Utilizes insights and data to make real time adjustments to optimize business performance. You utilize data to identify, prioritize, and act.
- Wants to deliver the best customer experiences that drive the best business outcomes.
- Is agile & scrappy. You are motivated working in fast-paced, dynamic, changing environments. An independent self-starter with an inner drive to deliver and win – while having a great time getting there.
- Is an exceptional communicator. Articulate, concise, on-point, nimble, able to flex based on urgency, audience, and forums. Ability to develop quick and high quality analyses and presentations using advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Google suite skills.
- Strong Project Management and organizational skills- someone who can make order from chaos and translate multiple data inputs into effective, accurate, user-friendly outputs (i.e.. complex calendars, wireframes).
- Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. An independent self-starter with an inner drive to deliver and win - and have a great time getting there with a fantastic group of co-workers.
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with a mix of strategy, plans development, budget management (exceeding $100M+ budgets), execution and project management.
- Strongly prefer candidates with strong digital marketing expertise who come from customer-first companies with rigorous operational cadences & processes to manage the business.
- Site merchandising expertise at a leading eCommerce retailer or marketplace
- Email, push notification marketing experience is a strong plus.
Preference for marketing / site merch candidates from top tier, fortune 500 retailers or marketplaces
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.