Onward Search is hiring an Associate Material Handler responsible for the shipping, receiving and processing of freight according to company policies and procedures. Ensures the orderly stocking and/or timely delivery of merchandise. Maintains and updates the purchase order system as shipments are received, cancelled, or back ordered. Processes inventory paperwork. Updates management on all inventory issues on a regular and as-needed basis.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for checking inbound material from outside vendors and internal shipping points that forward stock material in Austin for shipments to domestic and international carriers
- Responsible for pulling and packing finished good from the shelves and processing them for shipment
- Process domestic and international paperwork for outgoing material
- Work with Inventory Control personnel to label and store incoming materials
- Perform Cycle Counts / Area Counts with limited assistance
- Perform Inventory Control processes with incoming material to label and store incoming materials.
- Pull orders from the printer & distribute shipping papers to proper areas and rectify any order discrepancies
- Adherence to ISO guidelines and the clients quality policy
- Ability to work later shift
- Ability to use or learn to use power equipment for movement of materials
- Ability to process or learn to process hazardous material shipments in accordance with standards
- Cross training into other areas as needed
- HS Diploma or equivalent certification
- 0-3 years of experience is recommended
- Knowledge of cycle count process and Inventory Control
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP/Oracle)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word / Excel)
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Must be able to lift more than 60 lbs
- Must be able to stand for more than 4 hours straight
- Must be able to move Lead crates and operate a pallet jack
- Must be able to bend up and down frequently throughout the day
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB