Seeking a Character Artist for a full-time perm position onsite in the Reston Virginia area.
The role requires a skilled artist with a broad background to create highly detailed characters with experience modeling, sculpting, texturing, and shading.
The ideal candidate has a strong grasp of photo-realism and can nail realistic, high-quality models and textures for everything from compelling human faces to costumes to gear.
- Create believable and detailed 3D characters applying your strong understanding of anatomy, modeling, sculpting, and texturing expertise from scratch or scan data based on concept art.
- Use exceptional modeling and texturing ability to create a living, breathing characters with personality and highly realistic textures (skin, eyes, hair, fabric, etc.).?
- Apply latest techniques with a strong understanding of lighting to deliver high-quality 3D renders.
- Conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem-solving.
- Collaborate with the art director and other artists to set the visual style and quality bar being willing to provide and receive feedback designed to improve end products.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience as a 3D artist or relevant portfolio.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for scale, composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color, and surface properties.
- Experience with Maya, Substance, MudBox, Zbrush etc.
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques
- Experience applying tools (i.e. XGen) for hair grooming and building convincing 3D hair a plus.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB