Our client, a global B2B marketing agency, is looking for a Media Planner to join their team.
This is a contract-to-hire role, 40 hrs/wk, onsite in San Francisco, CA.
This person will be reporting into the Associate Strategy Director, Media Lead. As a Media Planner, you will work as part of the strategy team, supporting the Media Lead on all things media, including planning, operations, reporting, and finance. The core focus is on digital media – specifically the kinds of tactics most frequently employed by B2B marketers – however we are channel-agnostic, and have the freedom to plan whatever media we feel is going to best resonate with target audiences and meet client objectives.
As part of the lean and scrappy media team, there is an opportunity to work closely with senior strategists and be involved with every component of the media process, from the simple to the most complex. This person will need an entrepreneurial and industrious attitude, with the ability to be proactive and the drive to learn about all aspects of the media planning/execution process.
- Manage day-to-day operations across core campaigns, from planning through to reconciliation
- Discover and deliver impactful analysis to various teams (i.e. strategy, site operations, user experience, account management), as well as external clients
- Anticipate client needs and work with team to proactively develop solutions to address them
- Utilize research tools (e.g. MRI, comScore) to gather information and put forth key insights
- Integrate across all internal departments to ensure a smooth client experience
- Assist in other digital marketing activities, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-3 years of experience as part of a media agency or internal media department
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite – particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Ad Serving technology – Google Campaign Manager, specifically, a plus
- Acute attention to detail and passion for Quality Assurance
- Experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics a plus
- Understanding of digital conventions and terms, with the drive for continuous education
- Genuine curiosity about the world and digital programs
- Ability and desire to work with people from across several disciplines
- Web tagging experience a plus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.