Onward Search is looking for a Media Planner/Buyer to join our agency client in EITHER Charleston, Myrtle Beach, or Charlotte for an onsite direct hire opportunity!
- We are looking for someone who is focused on building our client's business through research, planning, negotiation and placement of media for all platforms (print, radio, TV, digital, out-of-home). Digital media experience is a must.
- You must be skilled at analyzing and reporting the results for all media and be able to identify strategies and ideas that drive results and solve business challenges while staying organized and communicating clearly in a very fast-paced environment.
- You will be responsible for the philosophy and planning of the use of media, for the selection of specific media, and for ordering space and time.
- You will be responsible for overall media planning and client development within the agency to maximize the potential for all clients.
- You are also responsible for research and marketing including media, industry, or company research so that the agency can construct an accurate strategic advertising and marketing plan for the client.
- The negotiation, placement, billing, invoicing and reporting of all media for both clients and the agency
- Building and implementing campaigns in DCM, Facebook and STRATA
- Developing and maintain positive relationships with media sales representatives of local, regional and national media
- Making sure all orders and specs are delivered to the account manager promptly to meet creative deadlines
- Manage the client’s account and the media members that work on it.
- Create efficient, logical and strategic media plans for agency clients.
- Oversee buyers on your account team to ensure that the plan is being executed correctly, efficiently, within budget and deadlines.
- When a buyer is not assigned to an account, place all the media required for the client and any surrounding reporting for placement: media buy summaries, added value, tear sheet files, etc.
- Work with the media buyer, media manager and coordinator to make sure all invoicing and billing for your clients are accurate.
- Review specs and deadline sheets to ensure details input by media coordinators and media buyers are correct and send to account managers are accurate.
- Create, review and edit media documents (timelines, RFPs, plans, agreements, client memos, contracts, etc) and ensure accuracy before any document leaves the agency.
- Maintain appropriate and responsive working relationships with clients, vendors, and staff.
- Develop an intimate understanding of assigned client accounts and all related details.
- Attend client meetings, internal and external.
- Provide guidance, creative thinking, and direction to clients.
- Meet regularly with media reps and manage vendor relationships.
- Disseminate pertinent information acquired from staff, clients and vendor relationships to the media team promptly.
- Establish, track, optimize and report achievements of metric goals to our clients
- Track client goals, budgets, and ensure the target audience is reached.
- Monitor creative units after campaign launch to ensure accurate implementation.
- Measure and optimize ROI, ROAS, Leads and any additional KPIs important to the client.
- Analyze campaign statistics and results, and prepare performance summaries.
- Present data ad media/marketing information, results, and recommendations for the next steps after a campaign.
- Maintain media reference files (Canadian, U.S., international).
- Compile, coordinate and maintain research data ad media/marketing information
- Interactive responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform in-depth, targeted analysis activities including analyzing web site
information and demographics are particular to client needs.
- Monitor and advise on new trends in Interactive Media including reviewing new web sites, and informing about innovative and creative ad units and technologies.
- Work with vendors to resolve any campaign set up, tracking, or billing issues
- Step in for the Media Director in front of clients as needed.
- Participate in new business, both in preparation for and presentation too.
- Mentor others in the department and the agency on media planning and buying trends and consumer consumption.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media Management, or a similar field.
- 5+ years of professional DIGITAL media planning and media buying experience, preferably in an advertising agency environment.
- Proficient in STRATA, SQAD, SRDS, KeyNote, Workamjig, Nielsen, SRDS, Social Media Platforms, and Microsoft Office Software, especially Excel
- A professional image through in-person, video and phone interaction
- Excellent time and calendar management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and pressured environments while remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Ability to prioritize projects as they are assigned
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent math skills
Does this sound like you, apply now to learn more about this job now!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB