Our client, a fast-growing independent advertising agency, is looking for a Medical Editor to join their team. This role begins on-site in NYC as soon as possible! We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience to fill the role!
What you'll be doing:
- Partnering with a well-established team of designers, writers and editors to deliver creative across print, digital, marketing collateral, brochures, etc.
- Execute editorial reviews from initial conception through production, overseeing copyediting, fact checks and revisions down to the minor details.
- Continuously look for opportunities to strengthen your and your team's scientific knowledge base across client areas.
- Build and update complete style guides for each client.
- Establish yourself as a key member of the team, partnering with all departments and team members, fostering a community of collaboration.
- Help drive projects forward, keeping an eye on timelines and deliverables to ensure timely asset launch.
- Source and partner with freelance creatives and editors, assigning work to editors and overseeing their product.
- Keep the Editorial Director and broader senior leadership team up to date and aware of all workflow and potential roadblocks to ensure timely launch.
- Other tasks may apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g. English, Life Sciences, Health). Master's Degree is bonus!
- 4+ years of experience in a healthcare/pharma advertising agency, marketing agency or related industry.
- Proficiency with AMA and FDA rules and reg.
- Mastery of English grammar and excellent spelling.
- Working experience with Adobe Acrobat programs in the event you need to perform editorial reviews.
- Working experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT).
- Highly organized, analytic and a perfectionist in your craft.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines by keeping a cool head and prioritizing.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.