Onward Search is hiring a Mid. Level UX Designer to join our International Retail Client for a full-time, contract to perm opportunity.
The User Experience Designer role is an integral part of the creative team and participates in the day-to-day user experience engagement activities, with a focus on delivering high quality, highly interactive, high-performance applications that match or exceed expectations. You will interpret customer needs, present design concepts, and effectively communicates with project teams.
This position creates interaction work flows, wireframes, prototypes, and interface requirements, as well as interprets user input, presents testing, research feedback, and effectively communicates with project teams. This position also creates visual design mock-ups and UI assets and contributes to the success of the user experience in cross-functional teams that include Creative Designers, Product Owners, Category Experts, Project Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
- Create and evolve the brand design language for our products while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem and design standards
- Develop user flows, journey maps, page flows, wireframes, and sitemaps
- Collaborate with our cross-disciplinary teams to transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill on the promise of the product and gather requirements from user research, stakeholder interviews, competitive analysis, etc.
- Take an active role in the quality assurance throughout development and deployment
- Develop visually rich mock-ups and UI assets in accordance with brand standards.
- Revise and improve designs based on user feedback, research, technical constraints, and business decisions
- Strong understanding of combining User-Centered Design principals with user research.
- A secure understanding of responsive design principles and creating such environments
- Experience working on Mobile Web, Mobile Applications and Desktop Web
- Proven knowledge of web-based application design trends, patterns, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with emphasis in one or more of the following: Digital Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design.
- 5+ years’ working in a professional capacity as an interaction, user interface, motion or similar role.
- Proficient in MAC operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Sketch, InVision, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat).
- Must have excellent hand mock-up skills.
- A proven track record creating design languages for an interaction-complex applications, sites, mobile.
- Is detail oriented and always concerned about the end products.
- Experience at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities; proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to think creatively and flexibly and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at building relationships, expert organizational skills, strong ability to multi-task, and outstanding communication skills.
- A strong portfolio of work emphasizing his/her depth of experience with graphic and information design for interactive and mobile products/sites, and where possible data visualization.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.