Mobile Engineer needed for an ongoing contract engagement with a National Health Client.
You will be a part of a large-scale architecture, product and engineering environment, leading technical architecture initiatives for one or more value streams, Agile Release Trains, or platforms, helping to ensure successful product deliveries. You will influence and lead teams across the retail and pharmacy business units. This role requires a talented software development professional with a deep technical background and experience building excellent user focused solutions and who will drive forward innovation to deliver cutting edge application solutions.
- Lead technical architecture initiatives that can span many value streams (e.g. multiple Agile Release Trains) or an entire platform, helping to ensure successful product deliveries. You will influence and lead teams across the business unit
- Manage the evolution of architectural roadmaps for your domain, showing how new features are released or updated, with an eye on paying down technical debt with minimal disruption
- Experience in architecting and building seamless features/application from scratch using relevant architecture frameworks in defining and evaluating application architectures
- Identifies opportunities to leverage common solutions for cross-cutting concerns for broader and more complex functionality at the program and/or enterprise level
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish and adopt architectural best practices, guidelines, and standards. Evangelize, mentor, and coach all on the same
- Lead client architecture for iOS & Android application for cross trains
- Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide “Reference Architectures” and
- “Baseline Implementations” when appropriate
- Good sense of how mobile apps should be architected to enhance stability, security, performance, maintainability, and extensibility
- Strong interest in user-experience design and how it should be applied to mobile application design
- Provide architectural expertise in identification of technology partnerships
- Provide guidance, direction and mentorship to Lead Architects
- Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the architecture and design of server applications, UI clients, encompassing APIs and micro-services, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services
- Ability to coordinate the architectural growth and development across several scrum teams
- Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc.) are properly articulated, and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives
- Good understanding of ADA and other regulatory compliances including PCI, PII and PHI
- Self-motivated to seeking out opportunities to move the application, its design, and architecture forward based on projected features and roadmap visions
- Should able to write efficient, well-documented code with Swift/Objective C in iOS using Xcode, Java/Kotlin in Android using Android Studio for POCs/Libraries etc.
- Drive buy vs build evaluations
- Participates in high-level estimation
- Excellent communications skills with ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, andwritten form to teams, clients and leadership
- Establish & evangelize architectural guidelines, patterns and practices
- Pro-active attitude; highly self-motivated
- 12+ years of experience in software development working on enterprise-class applications
- 6+ years of experience in Mobile Architecture role
- 6+ years of experience working on iOS front-end development using Swift, Obj C, Swift UI
- 6+ years of experience working on Android Native Development (Java/Kotlin, Android SDK,
- Android Studio, Gradle etc.)
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with SAFE practices or able to work in SAFE practices and agile methodologies
- Experience related to security-oriented projects and solutioning
- Experience with packaging, bundling technologies, and library management tools
- Experience with the UX success factors accessibility, usability, and aesthetics
- Experience in Jenkins, CI/CD Pipeline, GIT and other DevOps principles
- Experience working with Agile development frameworks
- A systems problem solver, able to move fluidly between high-level abstract thinking and detailed implementation
- Open-minded to new ideas & approaches, and ability to implement the ideas using various technologies
- A self-starter that is naturally inquisitive
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field required
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB