Global Financial Firm in the Richmond area is seeking an Android Developer to join them for a contracting opportunity. We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience to fill the role.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Develop Android client code solutions that deliver on Product Strategy and adheres to established engineering best practices, design guidelines and principles
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, Quality Engineers, Product Owners/Analysts to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and powerful in their simplicity
- Actively participate in all team agile ceremonies and contribute to ensure that all team commitments are delivered on time and of the highest quality
- Be an active advocate of the Android platform through both internal and external developer communities
- Work to remain an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Kotlin, Android SDK, Wear OS, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc)
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.)
- Identify opportunities to drive and contribute beyond team commitments
- 3+ years of professional Android experience
- Experience driving direction, driving consensus and delivering small to medium-sized/complexity components independently
- Proficient in 2-3 Android SDK components (Content Providers, Networking, Services, Broadcast Receivers, Intents, Fragments)
- Experience with Google libraries (Play services, Maps, etc.)
- Exploration of multiple form factors (phone, tablet, wearables)
- Demonstrated investment in Android development knowledge growth through self-study, side projects and/or school/work experience
- Experience with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and higher
- Experience with DVCS (Git, Github)
- Understanding of core Android constructs (Layouts, Widgets, Views, Services, Activities, and Fragments)
- Understanding of Android unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Robolectric, etc.)
- Advanced Java OO knowledge (abstract classes, interfaces, anonymous classes, etc.)
- Experience presenting coding topics to the development peer group
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB