Onward Search's client, a major social media company, is looking for a Mobile UX Researcher to join the team on a contract basis! The ideal candidate will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on bringing compelling and relevant online experiences to as many people as possible around the world.
Do you have strong skills in qualitative and mixed methods, including product-focused lab studies, usability evaluation, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and rapid ethnography?
Are you a mobile expert? This could be a fantastic App!
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify research topics and themes aligned with business objectives.
- Drive research that supports company initiatives and digs deeper to identify opportunities.
- Design studies that address user behavior, attitudes and the connections between them.
- Creatively combine a wide variety of methods.
- Interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate mobile designs, as well as inform mobile product direction.
- Evangelize findings within your team, across teams, and outside the organization.
- Communicate results and illustrate recommendations in compelling and creative ways.
- Build empathy across the organization for your users' pain points.
- Collaborate closely with quantitative researchers and data scientists.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, and marketing.
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research.
- Perform research on complex and compelling topics for a global user group.
- 4+ years of experience in applied product research in mobile space.
- Interest in and experience executing hands-on, primary research.
- Ability to communicate analysis and results to the audience.
- Be at ease working independently and collaboratively on all projects.
- Have a lot of experience working on a User Experience team with diverse roles.
- Extremely clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial experience in writing research reports using qualitative and quantitative analyses with strong and clear recommendations.
- Experience in working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Product Design, Data Science/Analytics, and Marketing and involving them in the research process.
- Comfortable working in a quick paced organization.
- MS/Ph.D. in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, communication, market research, information science, or a related field.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.