Our client is looking for a creative, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a motion graphics designer. The responsibilities of the visual effects artist include creating computerized animations and special effects, fixing up details for film media, and following instructions to complete a project.
To be a successful motion graphics designer, you should be highly creative with a strong working knowledge of standard industry software tools. Ultimately, a top-notch visual effects artist follows instructions given by supervisors and clients and is able to translate those instructions into amazing visual effects.
- Creating visual effects and animations using computerized technology and software applications
- Realizing and creating CGI characters
- Producing visuals for video games and mobile applications
- Creating simulations and mockups to be viewed and approved by those involved in media production, including directors, engineers, and editors
- Troubleshooting any issues with animations
- Creating storyboards to understand the images needed for the storyline and where the images should be used
- Adhering to tight deadlines and other constraints in order to meet production times
- Following client and supervisor instructions
- Brainstorming with artists and designers to discuss digital animation concepts, gaming ideas, and progress on current projects
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in computer animation, multimedia studies, graphic design, or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of software tools, including Houdini, Unity, Dreamweaver, Adobe CS5, and Autodesk Maya
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
- Good drawing skills and creativity
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication and active listening skills
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB