Freelance | Job ID #71285 | $47 - $75.85 hourly | Posted a month ago
Onward Play's exciting AAA gaming client is looking for a talented Network Engineer for a long-term contract to support their corporate events and network team.
You'll be joining a dynamic and fun environment on a network team that supports both external facing events as well as internally supporting devs and artists that create some of the best games in the world. This company loves keeping up with latest technology and takes pride in protecting and gatekeeping some of the worlds most popular and beloved gaming franchises. And just like the company as a whole, the team is built on a culture of passion for who they are, what they create, and who they support. Come join the adventure!
Your role and responsibilities
Work with the events team:
- Liaison with events team on upcoming events and give direction on buildouts
- Act as point of contact between events team and network team for any high-level decisions.
- Review any presented designs and give feedback and recommendations
- Improve, Implement and audit
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency within the network, look for deficiencies in existing implementations, and propose solutions
- Deploy new hardware on site to improve existing infrastructure or replace aging hardware
- Audit existing network configurations for old, outdated, or incorrect entries
- Operations - Troubleshoot and Support
- Help resolve network issues that are impeding development and implement improvements and solutions to prevent such problems from reoccurring
- Work on user network issues that get escalated from our service desk team
- Recommend/Implement ideas that will make our end users workflow easier
Security and Stability
- Collaborate with our security team to manage next generation firewalls and ACLs
- Maintain an environment that strikes a balance between security and allowing our users to work efficiently
Our environment is constantly evolving. The perfect candidate should exhibit a high attention to detail and adjust quickly to an ever-changing environment. Although this position is based in Irvine, we have offices all around the world and you will have the opportunity to interface with users in various locations.
A strong candidate will also bring to the table some of the following:
- 5 Years Experience with Cisco switches and routers (Catalyst and Nexus)
- Strong experience with networking protocols such as OSPF, BGP, spanning tree, DNS etc.
- Palo Alto firewall experience
- Remote VPN experience, preferably Palo Alto
- Experience with network diagnostic tools, Wireshark and tcpdump
- Wireless controllers and APs, preferably Cisco
- Familiar with automation tools such as Ansible
- Experience with corporate network operation and support
- Experience with network cabling, fiber optics, and enterprise data center environments
- Strong communication skills
- Any professional type of certification (CCNP, PCNSA, )
- Basic Linux knowledge.
- Experience with A10 load balancing operational work
- Experience with Cisco ISE
- Infoblox DNS
- Interested in gaming