Global communications company in NJ is seeking an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join them for a 1-year project with the possibility to extend or go permanent.
This team is building a next-gen Infrastructure as a Service so that we can provide faster, more reliable solutions at a greater scale.
In our journey, we are looking for a talented and passionate Infrastructure Engineer with a strong background in AWS operations & Linux system administration.
This individual will have a good understanding of python.
Knowledge of Networking & Online video will help them hit the ground running.
What You’ll Do
- Engineer and administer Linux systems in both hardware and cloud environments.
- Work with both internal and external customers on related projects.
- Provide support relating to customer incidents, and security issues.
- Diagnose performance issues by analyzing data with commercial and in-house tools.
- Write, review and maintain related code and documentation
- Be part of the on-call rotation.
- Work as part of the team to solve unique customer business integrations.
- Play a key role in the QA and deployment effort of new applications or streaming content.
- Expert level experience in Linux system engineering and administration
- Expert-level knowledge of AWS Ops (EC2, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, etc…)
- Experience with CI/CD process and tools, e.g: git, Travis, salt, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline
- Proficiency in infrastructure as code & automation using Python, Unix Shell, and other programming languages.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills. Excellent reporting/presenting both upwards and across teams.
- Excellent decision-making, team organization, and administration.
- Experience engineering solutions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack, Docker & Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience with Python, GoLang, and Terraform.
- Experience in configuring and managing SaltStack.
- Deep understanding in Over The Top (OTT) video encoding.
- Network engineering/administration experience.
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- The client is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB