Global Financial Firm with offices in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a creative and resourceful User Experience Research Lead with strong design research skills to join our rapidly growing team of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers.
As a User Experience Research Lead you will develop research strategies that deliver actionable insights using qualitative and quantitative research methods to improve and innovate desktop and mobile user experiences. You will scope and craft research plans, conduct research sessions, and present your study findings to business stakeholders.
Naturally, we want someone who can think outside the box and provide fresh thought leadership, but we are also looking for an individual who will complement and embody our team culture - caring and empathizing with our customers, showing kindness, seeing a need or pain point and actively reaching out to help. If you can explain why you’re that person, we want you!
- Consult with product owners and design leads to understand the customer segments and related product/service offerings
- Partner with design leads to clarify project goals and identify areas where user experience research can provide greater insight and success
- Design and execute research studies that follow research best practices and methodologies
- Ensure all research study results are actionable and contribute directly towards meeting project and business goals
- Present and communicate research results and recommendations to the stakeholder team and larger organization when needed
- Partner with design team lead to identify future research needs and develop a research roadmap with project briefs estimating scope and level of effort
- Support research team lead in project prioritization and progress reporting
- Support other team researchers as needed to ensure quality and consistency of deliverables and best practice compliance
- Collaborate with research and design leadership to identify new tools and/or process improvements that drive better alignment and compliance with design systems
- Collaborate with research support vendors to ensure quality of facilities and study participant pools meet expectations
- Contribute to next gen research group vision, identifying areas of opportunity or improvement
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing new team members
- 3-5+ years of experience planning and executing user research studies
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to drive multiple medium complexity initiatives with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to champion user experience research and integrate within the design planning, estimation, and prioritization process
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate design thinking into the product development process
- Clear articulate communication skills
- Familiarity with banking and finance a plus
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB