Our client, a luxury beauty brand, is hiring a Packaging Designer for a temp to perm opportunity. Candidates must be local to NYC and work hybrid/onsite.
This role is for an extremely detail oriented, organized, and creative person who can handle multiple jobs in a fast paced and demanding work environment. High level skills in the following applications is a must: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Bonus skills in 3D modeling (Rhino, Solidworks) and rendering software (Keyshot) a plus.
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation excellence and vision
- Lead complete design projects of high complexity from inception through completion
- Grow, manage, and help mentor a diverse team of designers
- Visualize concepts and ideas through vivid mood boards, sketches, renderings, Photoshop comps, etc.
- Collaborate with design team on all packaging programs, including new products, line extensions, promotional programs, and gift sets
- Responsible for proper set up, execution, and final release design direction files, with detailed dimensioning and specifications
- Work cross functionally with corporate packaging partners, artwork managers, creative operations team, design team, editorial and legal teams to ensure package execution is expressed correctly
- Oversee and review drawings and proofs from vendors
- Work with packaging design team to set up new brand packaging guidelines and standards
- Strong organization skills for file management and archiving
- Work with custom corporate proofing software interface for routing and releasing artwork
- Work efficiently with comp houses to supply specs and artwork for new product comps, color review, quality control
- Bonus experience making actual cut and folded paper comps
- 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, package design, graphics design, or related field required
- Highly organized, timely ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of industrial and manufacturing processes, finishes, materials, and printing techniques
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and design shifts
- Mastery in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) Microsoft office. 3D modeling/rendering (Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot) is a plus
- Challenges standard practices and applies new and different ways of thinking as necessary
- Actively builds relationships across disciplines
- Creates and sustains environment of trust and collaboration
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB