Our client, an award winning global integrated agency headquartered in NYC is looking for a senior, experienced producer possibly considering a different career path from pure production. Reporting to the VP of Production, this role is a hybrid -- combining departmental management (40%), production (30%), and serving as the production oversight during the RFP process (30%). You possess in-depth experience strategizing and producing a wide range of events; supervised and mentored mid-level and junior staff; and are excellent at working with marketing and creative teams to ensure logistical and budget feasibility. You have a keen eye for detail, time management, team coordination, problem-solving abilities, and budgeting.
- Provide production expertise and leadership - guide internal teams to anticipate and meet client goals/objectives, and foster organic growth
- Contribute in day-to-day management of internal and freelance producers, ensure projects are on track and reconciled in a timely manner
- Provide departmental administrative support including signing off on invoices, reviewing contracts, ensuring credit cards are reconciled, and budgets are closed
- Assist in production staff planning for both long-term and freelance for all offices
- Support overall budgeting process to ensure profitability
- Oversee and occasionally manage all facets of pre-event production, onsite management, and post-event breakdown
- Able to oversee multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously
- Create, manage, and oversee team execution on complex event budgets, from concept to reconciliation to ensure profitability
- Oversee venue scouting and selection
- Work with Creative and Marketing teams to ensure the client's vision is being met
- Guide production team in the selection of high quality, preferred vendors, including venue, catering, de?cor, fabrication, audio, lighting, photography and staffing
- Work with talent and social department in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed
- Partner with BMF account leads to ensure successful client communications
- Responsible for ensuring teams create and maintain key event documents including budget, activation deck, recap deck, run of show, work back schedule, contact list
Pre-Contract Production Support:
- Contribute to the development of creative pitches/proposals ensuring budget and executional feasibility. When necessary, work hand in hand with creative strategist to develop alternative concepts to fit within project confines
- Responsible for pricing out creative concepts, and creating production budgets included in proposals
- Provide pre-contract departmental support including vendors; and participating in client pitch meetings
- Strong working knowledge of new, unique venues and cutting-edge vendors
- Attends weekly brainstorms and RFP meetings
- Working with Talent and Digital departments in securing talent and fulfilling riders if needed
- Being responsible for creating and maintaining key event documents including budget, activation deck, recap deck, run of show, work back schedule, and contact list
You must have:
- Proven track record working in the experiential events space; experience with $500K+ budgets
- 10 years minimum of experience in a fast-paced environment (preferable agency setting) functioning as the lead producer/project manager
- Exceptional budgeting skills
- Extraordinary organizational and management skills, strong ability to multitask
- Deep knowledge of cutting-edge venues, vendors and tastemakers
- Ability to develop and communicate experiential creative concepts and ideas
- Background in team management
- Strong mentoring capabilities
- Experience in staff planning against projects in the pipeline
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in an employment with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to be considered for employment. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- Onward Search offers medical, dental, vision benefits, as well as a 401k program, for all eligible full time temporary assignments.
- Onward Search is unable to support 1099 / Corp-to-Corp or Independent Contractor arrangements at this time. All freelancers will be paid as W2 employees.
- Onward Search is a drug-free workplace.
SHARE THIS JOB